Culture Shock

Irfan Suryana (5130511018)
1. Definition of Culture Shock from Study.com
Culture shock is the term we use to describe the feelings of confusion and uncertainty that are experienced when you come into contact with a culture that is vastly different from your own. Culture shock can be commonly seen in foreign students, immigrants, and refugees. Even students who stay in their home countries suffer from culture shock as they make the transition into the foreign environment known as college.
2. Example of Culture Shock
a. When I came first in Yogyakarta to study, I shocked very much because my friends who came from NTT ate something like flour with a stick and it made their mouth red. After I asked them they welocomed me to try that food. And I shocked again because they gave an explanation that if I made a mistake in eating that food it will kill yourself.

 b. When I studied for the first time in UTY I extremely shocked because there are many different ways of lecturer gave the lesson. Probably it was about the transition from student of senior high school to being university student. Moreover I obviously shocked because he talked a lot of the lesson in English. I ever thought that it will better to me to go home at the time because I did not understand all about the lesson. 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post