Public Speaking Competition in UTY Competition Weeks 2015 written by Irfan Suryana



Monday, 23 November 2015
(Siti Latifah, one of the participants in Public Speaking Competition)


Well, today I joined Public Speaking Competition in UTY Competition Weeks 2015. UTY Competition Week 2015 offers many competitions for students such us pubic speaking, business plan, accounting, and so on.  It has grabbed my attention to join many competitions. I myself have registered for two individual competitions. They are public speaking and making power point presentation about development of personality or in Indonesian language is pengembangan kepribadian. Moreover, I have registered two competitions for group such as business plan and making media for study. That competition was held in campus 1 of UTY in Jombor and I went there with Mba Fika. She invited me to go there together by her friend’s motorcycle. So, I did not go there by Trans Jogja. During on the way, we were about to go astray but she asked many persons the way to go to campus. Honestly, I was shy because it was better for me to take her in motorcycle but I was afraid to ride motorcycle and I did not want to get an accident on the road. Arriving there, there had been many participants and there were thirty two participants who would show their ability in public speaking. Many persons who I knew and I suggested that they were expert. I corrected they showed an adorable performance that made me sure that I would fail. To be frank, to be a winner or loser are not the main points for me but I have endeavored for this competition. I know that the decision depends on juries and I just have to accept whatever their decision. Besides that, I realize that Allah has planed everything better for me. Even though many competitions I joined I would fail again. I do not why whereas I felt that I have maximize in those competition. Hopefully, I can get the best result. However, I am sure that I fail again in the competition. I am about to forget that I got number 30 so I have to be patient to wait that moment. When it was turn for me to go forward and began to give a speech many participants seemed not interested. I did not care I just want to give the best for my future, my beloved mom, dad, nephew, and my sister.  Whatever the result I will try again and I will not give up on me if I get failed.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post