English for Tourism - Tourism Terms - Istilah-istilah dalam Pariwisata - written by Irfan Suryana


(Image is from Google)


Good morning, Guys.

You know, yesterday there was mid-examination about English for Tourism subject but I could not do it because there were lot of materials that I have not ever known yet so I am sure that my score will be low.

To be honest, my lecturer has told us that we have to find out about Tourism terms but I could not fine one, though. I have been looking for that term but I cannot find it anyway.

Now, I will post about Tourism terms that are actually questions in my examination. I wish this post will be useful for you, Guys.

1. Adjoining rooms: Two hotel rooms with a door in the center.

2. Hostel: A cheap hotel, lodge.

3. Kitchenette: A small kitchen or part of a room equipped as a kitchen.

4. Valet: A man's personal male attendant, responsible for his clothes and appearance.

5. Wake-up call: A telephone call made according to a prior arrangement to wake the person called.

6. Mini-break: A very short holiday.

7. Complimentary breakfast: There will be a continental-style buffet with one or two hot item choices.

8. Reservation agent: To make reservation.

9. Room service: Service provided in a hotel allowing guests to order food and drink to be brought to their rooms.

10.Visa: An endorsement a passport indicating that the holder is allowed to enter, leave, or stay for a specified period  of time in a country.

11. Charter flight: A flight by an aircraft chartered for a specific trip, not part of an airlines regular schedule.

12. Guest house: A private house offering accommodations to playing guests.

13. Leisure Tourism: also called pleasure tourism or holiday tourism.

14. Business tourism: A travel for business purposes,


Yogyakarta, April 01, 2016

written by Irfan Suryana

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post