Cutting Grass with My Mom written by Irfan Suryana



I assisted my mom to cut grass in rice field. I brought a bag and grass knife. My grass knife is sharper than my mom's grass knife. Honestly it was my first time I cut grass while I have been studying in Yogyakarta. I was clumsy in cutting grass. It was proved with my style on cutting it. I just got little grass and it needed many times, then. If I compared mine with my mom, of course, I lost. However, I was glad because I could be together with my mom. My mom was so skilled in cutting grass. Frankly, my bag was almost full of grass but it was still not enough. Hence I looked for grass in the other sides. I walked alone through rice field but grass turned out scarce to be met in dry season. I went back again nearby my mom. I remembered when I cut grass one by one, I almost touched some animals that I did not like it so much. Even I was like allergy. For example, frog, caterpillar, snake, etc. We cut grass almost two hours. Our muscle of legs were painful. After we arrived home we sat directly on the ground. I leaned in lap of my mom. Three minutes later, I brought some drink and food for my mom. She was so thristy. We waited for my nephew who would return home with her mom, my sister but they were not visible even their shadow. Thirty minutes later, my nephew and his mom arrived home when I was nourishing sheeps in their stable. He approached me and he asked me to lift him in order to give grass for sheep. He did like I did. After that, we approached my mom and his mom in the yard. They was sitting on the floor and we mimicked them. We all wanted relaxed so much after all activities have been done by us.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post