International Service Learning Program Universitas Teknologi Yogyakarta (UTY) and Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) part 1 written by Irfan Suryana



Well, today I went to Yogyakarta university of technology in order to meet university students of Universiti Teknologi Malaysia  (UTM) to work together in international service learning program in Gunungkidul, notably in dusun Randusari. For the first time I met with international university student and it made me so excited. I could meet many amazing person who had various background. We welcomed them, ate together, and we took photo as well. One of my seniors gave a speech and he called the members of UTY. When he called e he said, “Irfan, the most handsome guy”. All people stare at me and I was so shy. But it was okay actually because all people have an  attention on me. We rode bus to get our destination.  It took time almost 3 hours. The road was stuck because there were many vehicles on the road. Perhaps many people who went back home after working. In the bus, I sat near by someone who named Zaki. He was from Malaysia. I a little more knew about Malaysia. He was attractive. To be honest, Malaysian girls were very beautiful and sweet. Well, going back to the story. Eventually, we arrived in dusun Randusari. I could meet villagers and they welcomed us. We were divide into some groups, of course we were united, Indonesian student and Malaysian student. I got group three in which there were five persons in new house family.  I myself had a roommate, his name Muhammad Zaki. Before taking a rest, we shared everything, like culture. I could know that in Johor there was special food named Soto but that food was like soup with mixing ketupat but it was cut to be a little rectangular form. I forget about that name. We shared about specification of our money. The difference between Rupiah and Ringgit was one ringgit meant Rp 3000, 00. The owner of house was curious about that difference and she asked Malaysian student to show their money and she was surprise. Moreover, I could know some Malaysian words as well such as kad meant kartu and so forth. The hard thing was I could not freely call my mom and it made me miss her so much. Well, I want to go to sleep because my roommate had slept as well. Tomorrow has to be amazing and I have to do the best for my mom, only for her. (Gunungkidul, 6 November 2015 at 11:14 PM) Irfan Suryana

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post