How to Say I am Sorry in English (Bagaimana Memohon Maaf dalam Bahasa Inggris)

Hi, everyone! How are you today?

In this occasion, we would like to know about How to Say I am Sorry in English (Bagaimana Memohon Maaf dalam Bahasa Inggris).

(Photo by Vika Glitter: https://www.pexels.com/photo/sad-little-siblings-hugging-toys-on-floor-4145365/)

There are many ways to say "I'm sorry" in English. The most common and direct way is to simply say "I'm sorry." However, there are also many other ways to express your apology, depending on the situation and the level of formality you want to convey.

Here are some examples of how to say "I'm sorry" in English:

  • Formal apologies:
    • My apologies.
    • I apologize for (your action or mistake).
    • Please accept my sincerest apologies.
    • I am at fault and take full responsibility.
    • I regret (your action or mistake).
  • Informal apologies:
    • I'm so sorry.
    • I feel terrible.
    • That was thoughtless of me.
    • My bad.
    • I was wrong.
  • Expressing regret:
    • I'm ashamed of my behavior.
    • I didn't mean to hurt you.
    • I wish I could take it back.
    • I didn't mean to offend you.
    • I didn't mean to hurt you.
    • I truly/really/sincerely regret it.
  • Offering amends:
    • What can I do to make it up to you?
    • I'll try my best to make it up to you.
    • I promise I'll be more careful in the future.

No matter which way you choose to express your apology, the most important thing is to be sincere and to mean what you say. A genuine apology can go a long way in repairing a broken relationship or making someone feel better.

Here are some additional tips for making a sincere apology:

  1. Take responsibility for your actions. Don't try to make excuses or blame others.
  2. Acknowledge the other person's feelings. Let them know that you understand how your actions affected them.
  3. Make a specific promise to change your behavior in the future. Don't just say you're sorry; tell the other person what you're going to do differently.
  4. Be patient. It may take time for the other person to forgive you.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post