Figurative Language (Similies, Metaphors, Personification)

Thrusday, April, 2 2015

Figurative Language is connotative expression meant to be interpreted poetically rather than literary. They include similies, metaphors, and personification.
A. Similies
Similies compare two unlike things that one is like the other. They usually include the word like or as. For example, he fights like a tiger, her mind in as quick as computer, this room is like traditional market, her habit is like a bat, his bedroom is like zoo, that building is like old dinosaurs, my home is like heaven, this court is like heal, These trees are like dancers, she is like an angry witch, her eyes are like diamonds, talent competitions on TV are like tsunami.
B. Metaphors
On the other hand, metaphors compare two unlike things without using the word like or as.For instance, this court is heal, my home is heaven, her bedroom is zoo, this classroom is traditional market, her eyes are diamond, Maria's habit is a bat, she is an owl, he is a tiger, that building is old dinosaurs, these trees are dancers, she is an angry witch, talent competitions on TV are tsunami.her angry is volcano, this dress is a bear.
C. Personification
Personification is figurative language in which that things are not people or animal are described as having characteristic of human or animal life. For example, the waves lick the shore, the tree dance in front of my home, the wind roar for hours, the wind sings in the night, this blanket cares me, that ball hits me, the rain cries in the midnight, the Sun smiles at me, this house welcomes me, that electricity bite my skin, that spoon removes my grime.

Refference : Chapter 6 Stated and Implied Meanings

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post