Decision To Resign From A Job

Decision To Resign From A Job
by Siti Latifah

            Have you ever feeling uncomfortable with your job? Well, I have. When I fall in the top of saturated level of my job then I decided to quit. Some people of course ever falling in saturated level of their job, view tried to keep stand on it and the other choose to leave it. Three times ago, I worked in a store, just a private store like “minimarket” near my house. I have worked there for about a year as a cashier then I decided to resign. There are three reasons why I resign from my job in the store.
            For one thing, actually the job in the store where I work not only as a cashier but also I must receiving any product from the supplier and cleaning the store everyday. So, I must doing three job at once almost everyday. There are only two employees of this store, my friend and I. This shop opens at 7.30 a.m. until 9.30 p.m. We divide the time into two shifts. Each of us spend seven hours everyday. Sometimes we have free day only once a week and sometimes not. When I am in morning shift, I should sweep the floor and cleaning all the racks. Then in the noon, I should  receiving any products and arrange it in the rack for sell. I also pay the supplier’s bill by the sales income of this store and do the cashier’s job (serving the customer while the do transaction). When I am in the noon shift, I almost do the same activities like in the morning shift but it is less than in the morning shift. I often get many complain from the supplier because the store often delay to pay the bill.
            Beside the reason above, the store is not completed with any safety device. For example, this store doesn’t have CCTV (Closed Circuit Television) or hidden camera to control the store. On the cashier desk also not completed with the lamp detector to check the genuine of money. I think if a store is not completed with any safety device, it will have many risk of crime such as robbery, deception, etc. I have bad experience when I worked there. One day, a woman with her daughter came to the store where I work. They walked arround the store for about fifteen minutes but they only buy some soap. When they have gone, one hour later I just realize that two branded powders have gone from the display place. I accuse that the woman and her daughter have steal the powder. I cannot prove my accusation because I have no proof. If any CCTV have record about the situation at that time may be I could sent them to the jail.
            In addition, the salary of my job as a chasier in the store does not increase while I have worked there more than a year. As I know in another work place, a the employee have salary increasing at least once in three months. Since the first time I worked there, I just receive Rp 500.000,00 a month for my salary. I think that it is not balance between the job and the salary.
            In brief, I have decided to resign from my job for three reasons. The reasons are I must doing three jobs at once everyday, chasier, cleaning the store, receiving and display the merchandise; no CCTV or other safety device for the store safety; and there is no increasing salary for me. I thought that we can find another job better than this job include the salary. As well as we keep to carry on to get the best job for our life we can get it.


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post