Festival Seni Mahasiswa 2015 Tangkai Lomba Baca Puisi Universitas Negeri Yogyakarta (UNY) written by Irfan Suryana




Sunday, 22 November 2015

Well. Now I am going to tell you about my precious experience when I joined reading poetry competition in Festival Seni Mahasiswa 2015 in Yogyakarta State University or Universitas Negeri Yogyakarta. It was so excited because I passed many hard processes to be a participant there. First, I registered to the committee. Second, I had to pay cost of registration through bank or I could pay directly to the committee. They told that if I had not paid until Thursday, I would not be a participant again so that I went to Yogyakarta state University with my senior by motorcycle on Wednesday. Arriving there, I did not meet committee and it made me so confused because I borrowed helmet from my senior who was waiting for me in the library. Besides that, I had to permit to librarian. Honestly, I felt uncomfortable because the librarian was sick. I tried to text and call the committee but there was no response. We decided to pray ‘Ashar. On the way to the mosque I met my friend who told me about the competition. His name was Abu Hair. He was so kind and he became my friend when we met in reading poetry competition in Festival Sastra 2015 that was held in Gadjah Mada University or Universitas Gadjah Mada. Well, we tried together to meet the committee. We lift the stairs but it was still nothing So, we all decided to pray in the mosque. After that, we tried again but one person in the lobby told me that the committee of reading poetry competition was here In the morning. I myself was disappointed. However it was okay. So, Mas Abu Hair entrusted his files to me in order to be given to the committee by me. On Thrusday, I myself went to there again by bus transportation alone. I met mba Octa who was so eye-catching and humble. She always responded all my questions on Facebook. I gave my files and Mas Abu’s file to her. I told her that I could not come to technical meeting on Friday because I could not leave my study in the campus. She told me that the technical meeting is a must to a participant because it would be selection of administration for the participant if the participant did not present, he no longer became a participant.   I endeavored to explain her but I could not. On Friday, I felt doubtful because I had to study and I had to be there for technical meeting and what should I do? I joined class for a while and I tried to tell my lecturer that I had to permit in order to go to Yogyakarta State University to technical meeting. I was afraid that she would not permit me but she permitted me and she said, “Good Luck” as well. I was extremely happy in that time. I ran to the shelter of Trans Jogja because technical meeting would be held at 08.00 AM. Arriving there, I signed on the list and I took number of participant. I chose my birth date as my lucky number, 16. :D  After that the committee gave me cake and so forth including a cup of tea. I was so thankful because technical meeting had not  begun and many participants had not come yet. Mas Abu chatted me through WhatsApp that he was in trouble because his motorcycle was in repair shop and maybe he would be late. When technical meeting began I saw Mas Abu had come. I saw many participants who were from different university and background came in and they seemed expert in reading poetry. “It was okay”, said me softly. The precious day had came,  Mas Abu fetched me in the campus and we got together going there. In the room I met many incredible persons, one of them could draw perfectly. Moreover, many participants had experience in reading poetry competition such as some of them were the first winner of reading poetry competition. I just prayed, I wished all things would be alright. The number of participants were random. So, All participants were nervous in the same time. I got 48 and I went forward to show my ability in reading poetry in front of three judges. Mas Abu recorded my performance through his mobile phone. Unfortunately, I have not seen and got my video up to now. :D The competition ended at 09.00 PM and I failed to get cup but it is okay because there will be many opportunities for me to join reading poetry competition again. Thanks for Festival Seni Mahasiswa Tangkai Lomba Baca Puisi, Yogyakarta State University, and my beloved friend Mas Abu Hoir. :D

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post