My Greatest Father written by Irfan Suryana

Today my father went to Tangerang again in order to work as laborer. He has been working in Tangerang since I haven't been born in this world. I realize by working he raises me until this time. Moreover, I remember my father has ever bought for me one set of shampoo and I am sure that it was more expensive than usual shampoos. I also remember when he bought for me a set of vcd with some cassettes. It was very complete because the cassettes were my like. It was about cartoon and songs. For instance, Dragon Ball and Dora The Explorer and so on. Recently I knew that his salary was only spent for buying vcd. When Lebaran came, my father always carried me on his back and the trip was so far. I couldn't imagine how weary he was. He is willing to sacrifice for me.
Now I am bowing in regret because I haven't made him happy completely yet. I always neglect his eyes when I talk with him or I reply his questions. I am terribly afraid he will die as soon as he is older. I heard that his age is almost sixty-year-old this year whereas my age is twenty-year-old. So our age differs forty-year-old. Perhaps it is a cause our thoughts are always contradictory. Regardless he is still my father and he is always be my hero.
Occasionally I am always perfelxed by his attitude in treating my mom. Sometimes he treats my mom with the best attitude so that my mom looks very happy, however, sometime he makes my mom cry. My father always quarreled with my mom two years ago. He yelled to my mom loudly and maybe our neighbours heard that quarrel. I am ashamed because of my father's attitude.

When my father came a month ago. He seemed different. He talked with me and my mom warmly and he always prayed in the mosque. He scarce yelled to my mom and he always smiled to everyone who was met by him everywhere. Besides that my father optimized his capability in order to assist our neighbors. For celebrating Indonesia's independent my father has made traditional thing from bamboo which was combined with some trace bottle. It called it "Kaca Kaca". He pit it between the gate of alleyway. It makes our alleyway beautiful. When he was making it, I recorded him by using tablet. He seemed so skilled. I am proud of him and I always proud of him forevermore. Thank dad, you are my greatest father who was born by God for me. I am deeply sorry I haven't been able to make you happy or bring you happiness in your whole life. Forgive me, I always disappoint you in your all time. You should know that I extremely love you in my life, anyway.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post