The Night of Literature or "Malam Sastra" in Universitas Teknologi Yogyakarta #Reading Poetry written by Irfan Suryana

Yogyakarta, November 29, 2015

Now, I am going to type about  another experience when I joined reading poetry in a event.  The event was Night of Literature or in Bahasa Indonesia Malam Sastra that was held in Yogyakarta University of Technology or Universitas Teknologi Yogyakarta . That was excellent because there were many people in that event, not only the one who read poetry but people who would show their capability at singing, comedy, and so forth. To be honest, I did not prepare for that even perfectly I just trained myself for a while and it seemed like I was not ready. When my name was called out loudly by master of ceremony in that event my heart was fully uncomfortable. I attempted to calm down I went forward. I saw many audiences staring at me. I nodded and began to show up my ability at reading poetry. Even though some did not keep their attention for me and  some chatted with someone who is next to them I just tried to perform my best. In the end, they clapped for me and I sat on the chair again and one of my friends said that my performance was amazing. How come. I just thanked to her and said that it was not amazing. I just remembered my mom when I read that poem. Accidentally, the poem narrated about a sacrifice of mom. I thanked to God because all things happened because of His permission.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post